Our Riverdale Dental P.C. team is here to help you keep your toothbrush in tip-top shape! Whether you believe it or not, your toothbrush can harbor many harmful substances, like bacteria, germs, and infections. However, there are some things you can do to prevent that, and those things are:
· Thoroughly wash your hands before and after every time you brush your teeth and floss. It’s best to use soap and warm water while you do so.
· Rinse your toothbrush with warm water after you are done brushing. Then, store your toothbrush upright and let it air dry. Please do not put a cover over the bristles until they are completely free from water. If you do, the cover will provide a moist environment for bacteria to grow in.
· Don’t use your toothbrush unless it’s dry. To make this a bit easier, we recommend having two toothbrushes handy. That way, if one toothbrush is wet, you can use the other as it dries.
· No matter what you do, do not share a toothbrush with someone. Doing so will easily spread germs and increase your risks of developing tooth decay. Also, please try to keep your toothbrush bristles from touching any other bristles while it’s being stored.
· Always replace your toothbrush after being sick.
· If you have been sick, please make sure to use a separate tube of toothpaste so you don’t get your family members or roommates sick.
Oral hygiene is extremely important, but it’s only effective when you have safe and operational tools to clean your smile each day. So, if you have any questions or if you would like to know more about toothbrush care in Riverdale, New York, please call 718-548-3353 today! Dr. Sidney Adler and our team are here to help you by giving you the helpful tips you need!